Greystone Psychiatric Hospital

More
14 years 4 months ago #41 by captainspunk17
The pictures and video is awesome! I would love to go back inside. I'll post some of my pics later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #42 by misterpat

captainspunk17 wrote: The pictures and video is awesome! I would love to go back inside. I'll post some of my pics later.

Thanks for the kind words! If You need any help uploading pics, let myself or DemonicDreamz know.

More
14 years 4 months ago #43 by captainspunk17

MisterPat wrote:
Thanks for the kind words! If You need any help uploading pics, let myself or DemonicDreamz know.

Alright, thanks! :)

How many times have you been in Greystone?

More
14 years 4 months ago #44 by misterpat

captainspunk17 wrote: Alright, thanks! :)

How many times have you been in Greystone?

I, myself have been there 2 times.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #45 by captainspunk17
That's awesome!

Here is the link to view my pictures. They aren't the best quality cause I don't have a spiffy camera, but I like them ha
s317.photobucket.com/albums/mm36 ... Greystone/

More
14 years 4 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #46 by misterpat

captainspunk17 wrote: That's awesome!

Here is the link to view my pictures. They aren't the best quality cause I don't have a spiffy camera, but I like them ha
[url=http://s317.photobucket.com/albums/mm364/captainspunk17/Greystone/[/url]

Look good!

More
14 years 4 months ago #47 by captainspunk17
Alrighty!

More
14 years 4 months ago #48 by demonicdreamz
Greetings and beatings Captain Spunk.. how you enjoy your stay with us...meds are at 10pm

More
13 years 10 months ago #49 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic Oh Snap!

MisterPat wrote: [size=150:3ibcbdd9]A 115-year run for the Greystone Park Fire Department has ended.

The seven remaining firefighters at the state psychiatric hospital in Parsippany have been told to pack up their belongings, including two pumper trucks, and abandon the original Greystone firehouse by Wednesday.

The five full-time and two part-time firefighters will set up shop inside the new Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital. Fire departments in neighboring towns, particularly Parsippany, Morris Township and Morris Plains, will now be first responders to actual blazes since Greystone will no longer have operating fire trucks.

Greystone's revamped fire department, which will include a new chief, will be stationed in an office in the new state hospital, said Ellen Lovejoy, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Human Services. The fire trucks will likely be moth-balled as surplus vehicles, while two smaller fire vehicles, including a chief's car and utility truck containing some firefighting apparatus, will remain on site, she said.

The Greystone fire team will respond to "fire events" inside the hospital and be responsible for fire safety education, drills, safety inspections and maintaining fire equipment, including all fire extinguishers and the hospital's fire suppression system.

Mutual aid arrangements with local companies from Parsippany and neighboring towns, including Morris Township, Morris Plains, Denville and Randolph are in place to deal with larger fires, state officials said.

Greystone's firehouse opened in 1894 with horse-drawn wagons. It served a massive state hospital that had thousands of patients and employees living in a self-contained city filled with dozens of structures on a sprawling campus that also had its own post office, farm and trolley stop.

A new 450,000-square-foot Greystone, with adjacent cottages, that houses nearly 500 patients opened last year on a hill overlooking the abandoned old campus, which is a virtual ghost town except for the fire department. State officials said the changing hospital necessitated a change in fire-fighting delivery.

The new hospital has a modern sprinkler system and fire extinguishers, plus "crash carts" on each floor with high-rise hose packs and breaking and prying tools.

"We wanted the firemen in this building to address fire issues in a proactive way ... training, fire safety inspections, rounds," Lovejoy said, adding that most fire-related incidents at the new hospital are expected to occur inside the new structure.

Greystone's fire team was a mostly glum crew today, complying with orders to move and give up their fire trucks. The were especially unhappy the pumper trucks were to be parked for now in the circular drive outside the new hospital, unprotected from inclement weather.

"It's a joke what they're doing here. Fact is, I don't think they know what they're doing," said one firefighter who spoke privately for fear of being reprimanded by the hospital administration.

But state officials say they have properly planned for the hospital's changing firefighting needs, including briefing officials from local departments

The old Greystone firehouse, like the rest of the abandoned old Greystone hospital, will be turned over to the state Treasury Department for possible sale or other uses.

[/size]

why did we se them when we went then?

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
13 years 10 months ago #50 by almostgone
think they will leave anything behind?

More
13 years 10 months ago #51 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Oh Snap!

abandonednj wrote: why did we se them when we went then?

All we saw was a fire vehicle parked outside. I never saw any "Firemen"

More
13 years 10 months ago #52 by insanebuslady
Demonic! Great to see you back on the site. Where the hell did you go for so long?

Pat. Your pictures have improved tenfold mon frere. Looking good man