Greystone Psychiatric Hospital

More
15 years 1 month ago - 13 years 2 months ago #21 by almostgone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #22 by manehawk
I might be able to access a bunch of old greystone pix. I'll scan and post some if i can.

More
15 years 1 week ago #23 by misterpat
[size=150:3ijebmye]TV show 'House' to film at Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital[/size]

TV show "House" is scheduled to film at Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital in Parsippany-Troy Hills Wednesday morning.

The massive old Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital is "open" for business again, and its top doctor may be Hugh Laurie, star of TV's "House."

Crews from the popular Fox TV show spent today re-making the abandoned state hospital in Parsippany into the fictional Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital. They are expected to shoot some background scenes for next year's episodes of the popular series Wednesday morning.

Officials from Universal Studios were tight-lipped about their plans at Greystone and whether any stars of the show might be on hand today. They said the set would be closed to the public. Police also said the road leading to the hospital would be temporarily closed.

Steve Gorelick, executive director of the New Jersey Motion Picture and Television Commission, also had little to say about the show's filming today.

"They told us they really don't want any publicity about what they are doing," said Gorelick. "We have to honor that."

Greystone opened in 1876 as a state-of-the-art mental health facility. It eventually turned into a massive, nearly half-million-square-foot ruin. Only the center portion of the old hospital, which housed the administration, remained open in recent years. It was abandoned last year when a new Greystone opened nearby.

Just what to do with the spooky old structure is being pondered by historians, local and county officials and the state Treasury Department, which now holds the title to the building.

"House" is a medical drama, whose hero -- Laurie -- is billed as an "irreverent, controversial doctor who trusts no one, least of all his patients." The Emmy-winning drama celebrated its 100th episode on Feb. 2.

Greystone had a previous encounter with celluloid fame in the mid-1990s when Meryl Streep and Leonardo DiCaprio came there for three days to film "Marvin's Room."

More
15 years 1 week ago #24 by manehawk
Shit, that's crazy. I wonder what part they filmed in.

More
15 years 1 week ago #25 by misterpat
I'm not sure, but its going to be a blast to watch the episode and think, "Hey, I was there!"

More
15 years 1 week ago #26 by riada
WOW! I cant wait to see that! I love "House", it will be so cool to see him hobble down those eerie hallways!! Awesome!
.+R

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

More
15 years 5 days ago #27 by demonicdreamz
if i wasnt working at the arena i would have gone and showed my union card and walk right onto the set LOL

More
15 years 8 hours ago #28 by manehawk
Someone I know got arrested at greystone a couple weeks ago. She had to pay a $500 fine, but supposedly didn't get charged with anything.

More
15 years 8 hours ago #29 by misterpat

Manehawk wrote: Someone I know got arrested at greystone a couple weeks ago. She had to pay a $500 fine, but supposedly didn't get charged with anything.

Was the fine for just trespassing or criminal trespassing? Criminal trespassing is the worst You can get hit with.

• Anonymous
14 years 11 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Greystone Psychiatric Hospital
Just wanted to let you know you guys will find at the end of this house episode, house entering greystone psych.

goto this link:

www.supernovatube.com/play.php?v ... 95120d1073

of course you gotta watch the dumb advertisment in the beginning but after that forward the clip to 40:40 and youll see it all unfolding.

For the show its called "mayview psychiatric hospital". Looks like the re-did the ENTIRE front entrance. Word has it they are still there filming for a couple more weeks.

so enjoy the update :D

More
14 years 11 months ago #31 by demonicdreamz
thanks for the heads-up on the video,im sure a lot of urbexers watched that episode

More
14 years 11 months ago #32 by lithiumbaby

MisterPat wrote: [size=150:38e8vlzy]TV show 'House' to film at Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital[/size]

TV show "House" is scheduled to film at Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital in Parsippany-Troy Hills Wednesday morning.

The massive old Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital is "open" for business again, and its top doctor may be Hugh Laurie, star of TV's "House."

Crews from the popular Fox TV show spent today re-making the abandoned state hospital in Parsippany into the fictional Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital. They are expected to shoot some background scenes for next year's episodes of the popular series Wednesday morning.

Officials from Universal Studios were tight-lipped about their plans at Greystone and whether any stars of the show might be on hand today. They said the set would be closed to the public. Police also said the road leading to the hospital would be temporarily closed.

Steve Gorelick, executive director of the New Jersey Motion Picture and Television Commission, also had little to say about the show's filming today.

"They told us they really don't want any publicity about what they are doing," said Gorelick. "We have to honor that."

Greystone opened in 1876 as a state-of-the-art mental health facility. It eventually turned into a massive, nearly half-million-square-foot ruin. Only the center portion of the old hospital, which housed the administration, remained open in recent years. It was abandoned last year when a new Greystone opened nearby.

Just what to do with the spooky old structure is being pondered by historians, local and county officials and the state Treasury Department, which now holds the title to the building.

"House" is a medical drama, whose hero -- Laurie -- is billed as an "irreverent, controversial doctor who trusts no one, least of all his patients." The Emmy-winning drama celebrated its 100th episode on Feb. 2.

Greystone had a previous encounter with celluloid fame in the mid-1990s when Meryl Streep and Leonardo DiCaprio came there for three days to film "Marvin's Room."

Hey House was on last night for the season finally! Low and behold you saw greystone in all it's glory! You even saw the practice rinks we practice at. I am not gonna give any other spoilers aside from that.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 11 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #33 by misterpat

More
14 years 11 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #34 by misterpat

raxor wrote: Just wanted to let you know you guys will find at the end of this house episode, house entering greystone psych.

goto this link:

www.supernovatube.com/play.php?v ... 95120d1073

of course you gotta watch the dumb advertisment in the beginning but after that forward the clip to 40:40 and youll see it all unfolding.

For the show its called "mayview psychiatric hospital". Looks like the re-did the ENTIRE front entrance. Word has it they are still there filming for a couple more weeks.

so enjoy the update :D

Raxor, Thanks for that link. I was able to download the whole episode and save it. I posted a small clip from the end with the money shot.

Thanks again and welcome aboard! :wave:

More
14 years 11 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #35 by misterpat
Damn! If I camped out here for awhile. I could have watched them drive up Central Ave.

Attachments:

More
14 years 11 months ago #36 by riada
That was fantastic! Raxor, thank you very much for that link! I missed the first half of the show, so you can imagine how happy I was to get the chance to see it all!
.+R

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

• Anonymous
14 years 11 months ago #37 by Anonymous
about the entire end if it confused you....*SPOILERS*

The previous night was all hallucinations he was having. He never slept with cuddy, cuddy wasnt even there. She stated she was going to go and take care of her baby then he said something and she said "screw you", and walked out. Yep he hallucinated it and now he is in greystone :(

More
14 years 9 months ago #38 by misterpat
[size=150:1h8mws2f]A 115-year run for the Greystone Park Fire Department has ended.

The seven remaining firefighters at the state psychiatric hospital in Parsippany have been told to pack up their belongings, including two pumper trucks, and abandon the original Greystone firehouse by Wednesday.

The five full-time and two part-time firefighters will set up shop inside the new Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital. Fire departments in neighboring towns, particularly Parsippany, Morris Township and Morris Plains, will now be first responders to actual blazes since Greystone will no longer have operating fire trucks.

Greystone's revamped fire department, which will include a new chief, will be stationed in an office in the new state hospital, said Ellen Lovejoy, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Human Services. The fire trucks will likely be moth-balled as surplus vehicles, while two smaller fire vehicles, including a chief's car and utility truck containing some firefighting apparatus, will remain on site, she said.

The Greystone fire team will respond to "fire events" inside the hospital and be responsible for fire safety education, drills, safety inspections and maintaining fire equipment, including all fire extinguishers and the hospital's fire suppression system.

Mutual aid arrangements with local companies from Parsippany and neighboring towns, including Morris Township, Morris Plains, Denville and Randolph are in place to deal with larger fires, state officials said.

Greystone's firehouse opened in 1894 with horse-drawn wagons. It served a massive state hospital that had thousands of patients and employees living in a self-contained city filled with dozens of structures on a sprawling campus that also had its own post office, farm and trolley stop.

A new 450,000-square-foot Greystone, with adjacent cottages, that houses nearly 500 patients opened last year on a hill overlooking the abandoned old campus, which is a virtual ghost town except for the fire department. State officials said the changing hospital necessitated a change in fire-fighting delivery.

The new hospital has a modern sprinkler system and fire extinguishers, plus "crash carts" on each floor with high-rise hose packs and breaking and prying tools.

"We wanted the firemen in this building to address fire issues in a proactive way ... training, fire safety inspections, rounds," Lovejoy said, adding that most fire-related incidents at the new hospital are expected to occur inside the new structure.

Greystone's fire team was a mostly glum crew today, complying with orders to move and give up their fire trucks. The were especially unhappy the pumper trucks were to be parked for now in the circular drive outside the new hospital, unprotected from inclement weather.

"It's a joke what they're doing here. Fact is, I don't think they know what they're doing," said one firefighter who spoke privately for fear of being reprimanded by the hospital administration.

But state officials say they have properly planned for the hospital's changing firefighting needs, including briefing officials from local departments

The old Greystone firehouse, like the rest of the abandoned old Greystone hospital, will be turned over to the state Treasury Department for possible sale or other uses.

[/size]

• Anonymous
14 years 9 months ago #39 by Anonymous
hmm high rise hoses, tools to break and pry with. Just what everyone needs in a psych ward.

• Anonymous
14 years 9 months ago #40 by Anonymous
aww they were all sad cause, they were getting paid and were doing nothing all day :(