A welcome visitor at Overbrook/ECH

More
14 years 2 days ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by ashley25
Hello, please allow me to briefly introduce myself - my name is Ashley and I am a 25-year old NJ native, finally coming to fully understand how wonderfully interesting, exciting and mysterious my home state is. I am new to the forum, but already knee-deep in URBEX.

In the past few weeks, I've been to Overbrook/Essex County Hospital about 8 times over. I truly adore this place with all my heart and soul and feel nothing but an endless respect for the place. Last night, my friend Teddy and I trekked through nearly the entire main complex (buildings 1-6) including all available floors and tunnels. Mind you, we walked through with basically no light except that which flooded through the windows from the streetlights outside. To be honest, many weeks ago I would have been shitting myself, cowering close to my partners in crime. Last night, never have I felt more comfortable, or at peace, even with the complete desensitization of my eyes. Overbrook has a resounding and sacred essence that both humbles and excites me. I was so tired yet so comfortable, I could have easily curled up on an asbestos-covered mattress and caught some Zs. :mrgreen:

I've taken nearly 400 photos of this hauntingly beautiful palace of the past... yet only one picture has completely and utterly stumped me. Mind you, I do NOT have PhotoShop, nor would I ever willingly modify any of my pictures. Again, this is the only one out of all that I have taken that has suggested even an inkling of paranormal activity. (I had one other photo with an excruciatingly bright orb - definitely not a dust particle - but I cannot confirm or deny anything).

I have studied this photo many times over; my friends and I have tried to debunk it. The silhouette does not match any of the 6 of us present that evening; including myself, there were 5 girls of similar height and weight, and one very tall older gentleman. I thought perhaps that there was a triplicate of myself, however the broad, masculine shoulders and large head do not at all represent my body frame.

Hope you enjoy... :thumbup:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 days ago #2 by 8redrum
Welcome! If your ever in New York and want to explore hit me up. You can check out most of my stuff @ www.AbandonedNY.com

More
14 years 2 days ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by ashley25
Why thank you! I look forward to embarking on many more adventures and perhaps even meeting some of you crazy, adventurous folk :)

I may not have PhotoShop but I DO have MSPaint at home, heehee, so I inverted the picture to better emphasize the silhouette:

Attachments:

More
14 years 2 days ago #4 by lithiumbaby
Actually we are having an NJE meet and greet BBQ soon. It's going to be at Garret Mountain. You're welcome to come along if you would like. ;-) )

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 2 days ago #5 by ashley25
Count me in!! 8-) )

More
14 years 2 days ago #6 by lithiumbaby
When I'n not feeling lazy I'll e-mail you the details. lol

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 23 hours ago #7 by almostgone
nice to meet you and welcome Ashley25

More
14 years 5 hours ago #9 by msterscary
Looks like bounce back from the flash caused the "ghost" image of yourself and the pillow. As for the other silhouette, not sure as of yet- but it reminds me of this guy...

More
13 years 11 months ago #10 by misterpat
Welcome to the site! Were You at the jail today perhaps?

More
13 years 11 months ago #11 by lithiumbaby
Yeah we had a giant party from which I am nursing a hangover.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 11 months ago #12 by ashley25
Hello MisterPat, and no I have not yet had the pleasure of exploring the ECJA. I am hesitant to go until I know the layout better and can get a better feel for the amount of heat and patrolling.

I read your story about the little rat bastard vandals destroying the place though, and it sure made my blood boil. Disrespectful punks like that are the main reason behind the imminent demise of all these wonderful locations. I just wish I had shit-kickers big enough to stomp out all the cockroaches... ;)

More
13 years 11 months ago #13 by EsseXploreR
haha i hear you on that. next time we go you should come

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/