possible paranormal theories.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by lithiumbaby
Last night before I fell asleep I was watching some paranormal show on TV which may explain some of experiences and "sightings" people get when walking through haunted places. this study was conducted at eastern state pen.

These people conducted experiments with 2 groups each group having subjects with varied levels of beliefs ranging from a high belief in the paranormal to low beliefs in the paranormal.

In the first experiment they used the power of suggestion. I think they might have used three groups with this one, again each group consisted of subjects with a varied levels of beliefs. All three groups walked down the same cell block and asked to share their experience after. Group A was told that the cell block was very haunted and has had many sightings. Group B was told that the cell block wasn't haunted and there wasn't many sighting. Group C wasn't told anything and was simply asked to walk down the cell block and share their experience.

Of course group A had the most sightings, where even the skeptics of that group said they "felt a presence". Group B had the least sightings where the skepics felt nothing and the beleivers felt little or no presence. Groups C had a varied level of sightings or presence. Where the skeptics saw or felt nothing and the believers saw or felt something.

The second study I saw was really interesting. This study was a theory that low frequency inaudible sound waves was the cause of many sightings. The normal range of hearing for the human ear is 30Hz to 30KHz. Anything below 30Hz is felt rather than heard. Which is why most evps that are captured are below 30hz.

They had two groups, again each group having subjects with varied level of beliefs, walking down the same cell block. No group was given any suggestion that the cell block may or not be haunted. They were simply asked to walk down and explore the cell block and share their experience.

With group A they rigged a sub woofer that would emanate a 15Hz tone and asked to walk down the cell block. Group B was asked to walk down the same cell block with no tone. Neither group was told about the tone.

The results were astonishing! Groups A had the highest amount of sightings. With one subject reporting that she was overwhelmed with sadness, confusion, and fear. One subject even saw flashes of light and shadows! Another subject, felt very uncomfortable in the cell block. Even the most die hard skeptics of group A were now firm believers in the paranormal!

Group B had a mixed level of sighting or experiences. With the skeptics experiencing little to nothing and the believers experiencing something.

Now this is really cool because you know when you hear a very low frequency you feel it. You kind of feel it resonating in your chest which can mimic the feeling of negative emotions such as sadness, guilt, fear, ect. You know that feeling in your chest like when you are depressed or anxious? That's what I'm taking about! So if you feel these sound waves that mimic these emotions in your chest and you don't know the source you are likely to blame it on a paranormal experience. Make sense?

Your eyes can even feel the resonance of these sound waves by dilating and constricting your pupils rapidly which can explain people seeing flashes of light, shadows, and apparitions. That, and when your in feeling fear and you are in fight or flight mode your pupils are playing games on you anyways. Make sense?

This can also explain EVP's. for those who don't know what an EVP is I shall explain. EVP is short for electronic voice phenomenon. EVP is the capture of sound waves that are below the audible level that are captured on tape. These sound waves are than amplified to an audible level that people hear as voices. Sometimes EVP's are heard as mumbling or "voices from beyond" to crisp and clear words that can be understood. And....... whats the audio engineers difinition of sound?
sound 1 (sound)
n.
a. Vibrations transmitted through an elastic solid or a liquid or gas, with frequencies in the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of being detected by human organs of hearing.
b. Transmitted vibrations of any frequency.
c. The sensation stimulated in the organs of hearing by such vibrations in the air or other medium.
d. Such sensations considered as a group.

So the theory of sound being the cause of paranormal experiences is pretty interesting. What can cause these inaudible sounds? It can be anything like a truck rolling by, electricity, a train, ANYTHING! Since low frequency sounds are the strongest of the spectrum, they have the ability to penetrate (lol I said penetrate :lol: ) even the thickest of cement walls with out being heard.

Capice?

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #2 by hidinginshadows
I saw the same show, it was very interesting. I wonder if they have that setup running during their halloween haunted house atraction. We did the day tour and everything felt pretty chill. When we back for the night time walkthrough I felt very creeped out.
The same can be said about high EMF. I live in a very old house and the wiring is crazy. I have a spot in the basement where I sit and smoke cigarettes. Often I would feel a little creeped out sitting there. I bought an EMF detector and did a sweep of the house. Very low reading throughout the house, except right above my smoking spot. A consistant 7+ on the EMF scale. High EMF has a strange effect on humans causing everything from paranoia to nausea. According to my EMF detector 6+ is dangereous. I guess I can start smoking outside now that spring is here.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #3 by lithiumbaby
Yeah that show was pretty cool. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the whole thing before I drifted off to sleep. Do you remember the name of the show? Maybe I can watch it online somewhere.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by hidinginshadows
I forget Lith, I saw that show a few weeks ago. it may have been paranormal science or somthing like that

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #5 by lithiumbaby
Oh ok Thanks anyways.

BLAH BLAH BLAH