This is what I saw today...

More
14 years 1 week ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1 by riada
today (May 5) and this is what I saw...
They took down the front porches on The Gateway Bldg., and the Female Employee Home....
Passed by

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #2 by misterpat
Riada, check Your PM's

More
14 years 1 week ago #3 by EsseXploreR
Just saw this myself! i saw the excavator from down the street and said oh shit

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
14 years 1 week ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by EsseXploreR

Attachments:

More
14 years 1 week ago #5 by rattlehead
They also milled Fairview Ave as well, paving is to follow I suppose which is a good thing that road was fucked up from Bloomfield all the way passed the Hospital Buildings....

More
14 years 1 week ago #6 by Vacant NJ
Uh Oh! I hope the trucks are just parked for the Fairview Ave road resurfacing.

More
14 years 1 week ago #7 by ashley25
I almost cried when I saw this. Was going to go last night to explore THAT VERY BUILDING.... the one with the collapsed porch... maybe I'll sneak tonight under the cover of clouds to pay my last respects, if I can even get in.... :cry:

More
14 years 1 week ago #8 by EsseXploreR
not a smart idea. that building is very dangerous. look at this post and you will see. www.overbrookhospital.net/index. ... &f=5&t=427 . step lightly if you decide to go

More
14 years 1 week ago #9 by ashley25
Gotcha... I'll take your words for it! Still... what a major bummer :(

More
14 years 1 week ago #10 by insanebuslady
Fucking bummer. I had a feeling this place would get demo'd this spring/summer. Too bad.

Mr. Pat, if you have info regarding Overbrook demo, could you PM it to me as well?

More
14 years 1 week ago #11 by misterpat

insanebuslady wrote: Fucking bummer. I had a feeling this place would get demo'd this spring/summer. Too bad.

Mr. Pat, if you have info regarding Overbrook demo, could you PM it to me as well?

I know nothing about anything going on there. Are we sure there demo'ing the whole thing and not just taking off the porch? is there a lot of dumpsters around the building? Anyone got any more pics?

More
14 years 1 week ago #12 by EsseXploreR
well no but im thinking those are the first 2 buildings that are going to be demolished by hovnanian considering PEER is set back, the firehouse is being saved, and building 30 is beeing renovated

More
14 years 1 week ago #13 by ashley25
Went last night to scope out the glorious Rec rooms and had quite a "splash" at the pool (was asking questions for a few minutes while recording, asked if anyone wanted to talk and 'someone' hurled something into the pool... still don't know what it as but I got the question and the proceeding splash on tape. Was just me and EvilTrace sitting by the indoor pool.... kinda neat.)

We did two drive-bys of Overbrook before entering last night and saw the lineups of aforementioned machines... After much discussion and spying, we think the machines are just being parked there for the paving of Fairview (which is infinitely better now BTW, they must have paved within the last 2 days as it is now nice and smooth). They probably took down the porches because they were hazardous, though there's not much stopping them from having a field day on the adjacent buildings. I am hopeful that Overbrook still has a chance, at least for a while. 8-) )

More
14 years 1 week ago #14 by EsseXploreR

Ashley25 wrote: Went last night to scope out the glorious Rec rooms and had quite a "splash" at the pool (was asking questions for a few minutes while recording, asked if anyone wanted to talk and 'someone' hurled something into the pool... still don't know what it as but I got the question and the proceeding splash on tape. Was just me and EvilTrace sitting by the indoor pool.... kinda neat.)

We did two drive-bys of Overbrook before entering last night and saw the lineups of aforementioned machines... After much discussion and spying, we think the machines are just being parked there for the paving of Fairview (which is infinitely better now BTW, they must have paved within the last 2 days as it is now nice and smooth). They probably took down the porches because they were hazardous, though there's not much stopping them from having a field day on the adjacent buildings. I am hopeful that Overbrook still has a chance, at least for a while. 8-) )

Good news when i was sitting in class not paying attention as usual i saw a truck carrying the excavator away

More
14 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 months ago #15 by EsseXploreR
When me and Luke thought the buildings were getting demolished, we decided we would go (Very Carefully) through the onle part of the Female Employees home we havent seen yet. I wanted to document all the holes and gaps in the floors, as proof of why these buildings are the most dangerous. We tried to hit gateway as well, but upon further examination our entrence had a decent sized hole right where i was about to put my foot.

By the way, Redrum?

More
13 years 11 months ago #16 by insanebuslady
Doubtful that was Redrum who posts here.

Don't forget that's a REALLY popular reference. Ever seen The Shining?

More
13 years 11 months ago #17 by 8redrum
Replied by 8redrum on topic This is what I saw today...
Not Me!!!! I have an 8 in front of it. My real name is MuRDeR8.... :-D D

More
13 years 11 months ago #18 by EsseXploreR
haha thats what i thought. i just saw it and was like oh