Pictures of Interior before 2007?

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by Gantrithor
Hi I have been exploring Overbrook Hospital over the years and upon a recent trip I began to wonder. If supposedly this place closed in 2007 (and you can see calenders and documents from the 2000s) just how did it get in such bad shape so fast? The paint peeling off the wall and ceilings falling apart, perhaps its the exposure to the elements but I wonder what its condition was when it was still in use.

Im trying to find pictures of the inside while it was still running around 2007 or just before that. Can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by misterpat
Hey there!
I also would love to see pictures of the inside while in operation. As for it getting in bad shape, I, We have explored lots of other locations and the interiors are just the same. Once the HVAC gets turned off, the paint peels right off. Plus taking the copper gutters and caps off the roof without resealing them didn't help. Lack of maintenance. A small hole in the roof which would have been patched quickly while in operation gets left to rot and eventually become a collapsed roof.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EsseXploreR

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by lithiumbaby
In my picture folder, I have pictures of the place right after it shut down. There is shit everywhere and the lights are still on!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by misterpat

lithiumbaby wrote: In my picture folder, I have pictures of the place right after it shut down. There is shit everywhere and the lights are still on!

That would be here:

www.overbrookhospital.net/gallery/lithiumbaby/overbrook

Also have a look here too:

www.overbrookhospital.net/gallery/pitbull09/overbrook

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by insanebuslady
It makes me sad to see how perfect it used to be and then see how it is now

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by Gantrithor
Thank you so much for these links, its really interesting.

I'm even more curious now; are there actual pictures of when the hospital was actually running? Like pictures of patients and doctors and what not? Or maybe a picture of that concert area being in use? Are there albums with old pictures like these somewhere on the web?

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by Vacant NJ

Gantrithor wrote: Thank you so much for these links, its really interesting.

I'm even more curious now; are there actual pictures of when the hospital was actually running? Like pictures of patients and doctors and what not? Or maybe a picture of that concert area being in use? Are there albums with old pictures like these somewhere on the web?

I have a bunch of old 35mm slides which I found inside the hospital. Here's a link to the few that I've managed to scan and post online: www.vacantnewjersey.com/blog/entry/essex...mm_slides/index.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: misterpat

More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by Vacant NJ
I got around to scanning and posting up some more 35mm slides: vacantnewjersey.com/blog/entry/essex_cou...des_part2/index.html

More
12 years 3 months ago #9 by lithiumbaby
FUCKING AWESOME! Props!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
12 years 3 months ago #10 by EsseXploreR

Gantrithor wrote: Thank you so much for these links, its really interesting.

At the TD Bank in cedar grove (pilgrim shopping center) There is a painting of a picture (more like a mural actually) that says concert at overbrook NJ, and its a picture of the gazebo with people crowded around it and you can make out the smokestack of the powerhouse in the background. the only problem is the gazebo looks nothing like it does in real life.

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/