I need glasses

More
14 years 5 months ago #1 by hidinginshadows
Today I was trying to copy a license plate of a car I believed to be involved in a crime. I was only 30' or so away and I couldn't make out the numbers. I told my partner I couldn't make out the numbers. She seemed amazed that I couldn't see that far away. I knew I had a problem with my vision and I've been putting off going to the eye doctor. Later that day we were driving down rt. 17 and I asked where we were going? To get your eyes checked she said. Shit! The gig is up I thought. We went to pearle vision center and before I knew it I was picking out my frames. Turns out I have a stigmatism. The tech said I can pick up my new shiny glasses tommarow after one o'clock.
(pics to fallow)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #2 by lithiumbaby
Replied by lithiumbaby on topic I need glasses
That sucks man. I have a stigmatism too. I should be wearing glasses but they just give me a head ache. Good thing my vision is that horrible that i need to wear them yet.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 5 months ago #3 by lioneltrainguy
Replied by lioneltrainguy on topic I need glasses
join the club...i hate wearing glasses. i just got my second set of lenses. went to the eye doctor last week and got new lenses. talk about alot of medical double talk...could have used a translater there with me. he told me i too, have a stigmatism...said i was born with it. he said most people have stigmatisms...it is more common for people to have stigmatisms then not. he scanned my eyes and said i have a football shaped stigmatism that my brain has been compensating for years. a normal scan should reveal a softball shaped surface which most people don't have. he also told me that although my stigmatism is bad, it isn't bad enough for laser surgery. i didn't get anything they told me until they handed me a bill for $265.00. i understood that clear as day.

More
14 years 5 months ago #4 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic I need glasses
Welcome to the club!

I have been wearing glasses since 6-7th grade. You will get used to it. I would rather see than worry about what I look like.

More
14 years 5 months ago #5 by riada
Replied by riada on topic I need glasses
I second that!

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6 by lioneltrainguy

LionelTrainGuy wrote: join the club...i hate wearing glasses. i just got my second set of lenses. went to the eye doctor last week and got new lenses. talk about alot of medical double talk...could have used a translater there with me. he told me i too, have a stigmatism...said i was born with it. he said most people have stigmatisms...it is more common for people to have stigmatisms then not. he scanned my eyes and said i have a football shaped stigmatism that my brain has been compensating for years. a normal scan should reveal a softball shaped surface which most people don't have. he also told me that although my stigmatism is bad, it isn't bad enough for laser surgery. i didn't get anything they told me until they handed me a bill for $265.00. i understood that clear as day.

did i mention they told me while wearing these new glasses if i get bad headaches or feel like throwing up, they suggest i take the glasses off?? i never knew there could be side effects from wearing glasses.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7 by hidinginshadows
Replied by hidinginshadows on topic I need glasses

More
14 years 5 months ago #8 by misterpat
Thats not bad at all! Must be nice to see clearly again though.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9 by hidinginshadows
You can say that again Pat! I didn't realize how much I was missing. I love being able to see again!

More
14 years 5 months ago #10 by rattlehead
Replied by rattlehead on topic I need glasses
They look sharp Rich and the style is not bad they give ya an even more established appearence, besides seeing is what matters most. I wonder would you equate your time in the service as the reason for your vision loss?, if so would military benefits cover the payments. vision plan etc etc

More
14 years 5 months ago #11 by hidinginshadows

Rattlehead wrote: They look sharp Rich and the style is not bad they give ya an even more established appearence, besides seeing is what matters most. I wonder would you equate your time in the service as the reason for your vision loss?, if so would military benefits cover the payments. vision plan etc etc

I wish I could blame my vision loss on somthing, but i'm pretty sure getting old is the culprit. I haven't been to the veterans administration in over ten years now. Not to sound snobish but I have money now, so I'll gladly pay a doctor for services needed and free up a slot at the V.A. for some poor bastard that needs it.

More
14 years 5 months ago #12 by rattlehead
Replied by rattlehead on topic I need glasses
Yea I hear ya on that, hell with all the men and women over there comming home losing limbs and so on eyesight is not what most would consider as extreme even though by nature your still losing a vital part of the human anatomy you've atleast retained your physical appearence.

More
14 years 5 months ago #13 by lioneltrainguy

Rattlehead wrote: Yea I hear ya on that, hell with all the men and women over there comming home losing limbs and so on eyesight is not what most would consider as extreme even though by nature your still losing a vital part of the human anatomy you've atleast retained your physical appearence.

hmmm...bromance going on here??

hiding, sir, you need a shave...that grey makes you look older than you feel.

More
14 years 5 months ago #14 by misterhat
Replied by misterhat on topic I need glasses

LionelTrainGuy wrote:
hmmm...bromance going on here??

hehehehe...thats funny. first he'll wine ya, then dine ya, and try to 69 ya...lol :sick:

More
14 years 5 months ago #15 by msterscary
Replied by msterscary on topic I need glasses
For some reason those pics of Hiding are making me think of Harry Potter all grown up... and inked up.

No disrespect meant. Just initial first impression.

More
14 years 5 months ago #16 by misterhat

Rattlehead wrote: They look sharp Rich and the style is not bad they give ya an even more established appearence, besides seeing is what matters most.

Rattlehead wrote: Yea I hear ya on that, hell with all the men and women over there comming home losing limbs and so on eyesight is not what most would consider as extreme even though by nature your still losing a vital part of the human anatomy you've atleast retained your physical appearence.

it amazes me how the arrangment of a few simple words can make anything sound so gay.

• Anonymous
14 years 5 months ago #17 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic I need glasses
I need a nice ol' vision check but dont got the money to have one done, no insurance. Got the stagmitism, got ulcers on the cornea from sleeping with contacts in for 4 months like a dumb ass. Also got ingrown eye lashes, and everytime i went as a kid they plucked them out. THEY SUCK!

More
14 years 5 months ago #18 by misterpat

raxor wrote: I need a nice ol' vision check but dont got the money to have one done, no insurance. Got the stagmitism, got ulcers on the cornea from sleeping with contacts in for 4 months like a dumb ass. Also got ingrown eye lashes, and everytime i went as a kid they plucked them out. THEY SUCK!

Time to get a good job and get some benefits!

More
14 years 5 months ago #19 by misterhat

raxor wrote: I need a nice ol' vision check but dont got the money to have one done, no insurance. Got the stagmitism, got ulcers on the cornea from sleeping with contacts in for 4 months like a dumb ass. Also got ingrown eye lashes, and everytime i went as a kid they plucked them out. THEY SUCK!

Dam...I was gonna apply for the position of village idiot but I see that there are already 2 of them here already...

File Attachment:

• Anonymous
14 years 5 months ago #20 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic I need glasses
OOO only 23 posts and he's already fitting in!