Tonight @ 10pm on Channel - Forgotten Ellis Island

More
14 years 6 months ago #1 by 8redrum
Check it out tonight!

The little-known story of the immigrant hospital adjacent to Ellis Island, the largest port of entry in the United States. Massive and modern, the hospital was America's first line of defense against contagious, often virulent disease. Tens of thousands of immigrant patients were detained here and healed from illness before becoming citizens. 350 babies were born in the hospital, 3,500 immigrants died there.

www.pbs.org/forgottenellisisland/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #2 by Vacant NJ
Nice, now I have something to watch tonight.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3 by lioneltrainguy
[size=200:ywygczhl]I THINK WE SHOULD RE-OPEN ELLIS ISLAND AND THROW ALL THE ILLEGALS OUT ON THIER ASSES [/size]

More
14 years 6 months ago #4 by lioneltrainguy
[size=150:jd2anbsa]Yesterday, I needed to go to the emergency room.

Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Army fatigues and stuck a patch onto the front of my shirt that I had downloaded off the Internet.

When I went into the E.R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left. I guess they decided that they weren't that sick after all.

Cut at least 3 hours off my waiting time.

Here's the patch. Feel free to use it the next time you're in need of quicker emergency service.[/size]

File Attachment:

[size=150:jd2anbsa]It also works at DMV and the Laundromat - but don't try it at Wendy's, the whole crew will exit and you'll never get your order!! [/size]

More
14 years 6 months ago #5 by msterscary
Oops.. looks like I found out a bit late... :(