lake hopatcong water chesnut picking day sept 19th

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
14 years 7 months ago #1 by Anonymous
Apparently an invasive little plant has invaded lake hopatcong. The water chestnut. So sept 19th they are asking for volunteers to pick water chestnuts out. Sadly this will be a effort that will prove unsuccessful as little kids will pick off a little part of them, and not the roots. Hell adults wont even get the roots. Actually I dont know if anyone will get the roots of the plant. Of course, next year they will be back in force, probably twice as bad as they are now.

I think misterpat will agree with me when I say the lake was alot better 10 years ago. Oh and misterpat your a bastard, you didnt tell me you literally lived 10 minutes from my house, I would have went fishing all the time with you. OOO maybe thats the reason you didnt tell me you lived 10 minutes away.

Anyway the weed problem kinda pisses me off to a very large extent, and this year made it worse. The epa lowered the levels, making for a huge orgasm like growth of weed's the likes of which never seen before. About 3 years ago I fished all the time under a bridge that is stocked all the time by waterloo village. I return this past april to find out, rather harshly that every single cast i make, gets caught in weeds and I have to cut my line. It actually became more frustrating than relaxing, so I decided never again to fish at a river that flows out of lake hopatcong.

I was taken out on a boat fishin in june for bass, and it wasnt a very pleasent experience. Yes we all know bass love the weeds to hide in, but the weeds were so damn tall and everywhere, that it was WORSE than fishing at the river I went to. It was so bad that we just decided to fish under that bridge where that dumb ass who was either speeding on a boat or jet ski fast, hit the bridge pole and his body exploded on impact. Misterpat will know what I'm talking about.

If I was a multi-millionare, my fat ass would buy a huge water lawnmower or whatever and cut all those fucking weeds myself so everyone could fish. Misterpat, I have this question for you, that I'm a little confused about. It states that lake hopatcong is the biggest natural lake in NJ. I thought budd lake was the largest natural one. Anyhow, with Budd Lake being not very big but natural. Why the hell is it that weeds or lilly pads are non-existant in Budd Lake except for in the little boat harbor? Personally yes I would fish there, but I wouldnt eat anything out of the lake, its bad, reallllll bad.

Anyway thats it. Sorry that I havent been posting much. I've been working 2 jobs, and work so long I can't even drink vodka like I used to :( . Anyway car will be on the road in less than a week. I'm planning to visit centralia, I dont know if anyone waants to come but my fat ass is going there right away.

Raxor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2 by misterpat
Weeds weren't too bad this year.

I live more than 10 minutes from ya. Probably more like 30 minutes.

If speed boats piss You off, then You would really hate us today!

Lake Hopatcong is the largest natural lake in NJ. Even before they Damed it back in the late 1800's it was still the largest lake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.