My friend caught a cat fish and ate it

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by lithiumbaby
And it came out of the passaic river. No lie! He said it was good!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by misterpat
ewwww!!! I would never!

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by lithiumbaby
neither would i. I couldnt believe it.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by hidinginshadows
When I lived in ghetto of montclair I would give all the carp I shot out of the passiac river to my nieghbors. They would be outside my apt. waiting for me to get home for first dibs. I'm talking 15 to 20 pound fish. They said they would gut them, soak them in a tub, first in vineigar then in milk. Then they would fry em' up and eat them. They all totally knew where they came from but didn't care. I wouldn't eat anything out of the passiac, nor would I eat carp!

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by lithiumbaby
Surprisingly My friend said it tasted real good. I dunno I'm a sucker for good food. Nest time my friend catches one i may have to try it! I am probably immune to all the hazards of the passaic being that i lived on the river for so long. Over all we had a good fishing day. My friend was pulling them out left and right. He caught nice sized bass. I caught a bass and it broke my line. later on my friend caught the same fish with my line sticking out of it's mouth. lol

Hey hidinginshadows do you have any tips on catching carp? Like what kind of bait to use? We have been using a home made mix of corn sugar flower and vanilla. they seem interested in the bait but carp seem to be really timid fish and seem to be scared of the line. any tips?

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 8 months ago #6 by hidinginshadows
Mulberries work best. Those purplish colored berries that grow all along the river. Carp love them. Try dangling a berry right on the water surface, especially right under a mulberry tree. I love catchin carp, they fight their ass off! Carp see well and seem to hear too. Catchin carp is like hunting. Be still and quiet. Mulberries are best but the internet has tons of recipes. Good luck Lithium!

More
14 years 8 months ago #7 by hidinginshadows
The NJ state record for Grass Carp 65lbs. taken by bow on the Delaware River
The NJ state record for regular carp 47lbs. taken on rod and reel from the Raritan river
Check out the size of some of these river hogs from Holland

More
14 years 8 months ago #8 by hidinginshadows

northern pike taken from the Passiac river (Newark) 1998

More
14 years 8 months ago #9 by misterpat
Damn! Mighty nice fish! Must have been a good fight!

More
14 years 8 months ago #10 by hidinginshadows
I wish I took this big bastard on rod and reel, but to be honest it was taken by bow. I swore it was a snakehead or some other non-native species. Who would think that a monster fish like this would florish amongst the pollution of the Passiac river. Aparently you don't have to go to Greenwood lake or lake Hopatcong to catch big fish, fish like this are right in Newark N.J.

More
14 years 8 months ago #11 by demonicdreamz
When i was younger i used to fish the backwaters in Buttonwood ,still waters and clear you actually saw schools of carp,havnt been there in years but i do remember pulling out some huge 1's from there.