DEP lowers lake hopatcongs outflow levels yay

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
14 years 11 months ago #1 by Anonymous
After being total dumb asses for the past 2 months, they reduced outflow from 5.3 million gallons a day to 4.2 million gallons a day. Thanks to those bastards though, no boat race this year, and a loss of nearly 2 feet of the water in lake hopatcong. God only knows how long it will be before thats built up again.

I HATE YOU DEP! What about all those damn woods in back of my house and up the road and half a mile away, that is all now turkeybrook, walmart, and well i dunno why they destroyed the woods behind my house. Where were they when we needed them. nowhere!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #2 by misterpat
Your missing the real problem here. Even if the DEP closed the dam completely right now, the lake would only rise 3" in a month.

The real problem was back in December 15th thru January 7th. On December 15th, 2008, The damn should have been closed and the water output brought back to 7.5 million gallons per day. The DEP, in there almighty wisdom, left the dam open till January 7th. During this time an excess of 1,262,329,443 gallons of water were released. If they closed the dam acording to the lake management plan, the lake would be 19.13 inchs higher and we would all be out and about on it. Read about it here- bridgema.ipower.com/id2.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.