Why do I change stuff often?

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by misterpat
I know its sometimes, well most of the time when I change stuff around on here. I'm not doing it just to aggravate You or keep You on Your toes! The main reason for the changes is 2 reasons.

1. Integration.

One login gets You all site access. While I had this working with the forums and pictures, people were still having issues here and there. Let me break it down.

There are 3 different programs/software running on this site.

1. The CMS(Content Management System).

This is the backbone of the site. Everything revolves around this.

2. The Forums

They were not a part of the CMS. It was developed by a whole different group.

3. The Exploration Pictures (Gallery)

Again, a whole different program developed by yet another group of developers.

As it was I had yet another program that linked all 3 together. With this forum change comes a few things. For one, it should run faster and be easier to use. Its not as complicated as the previous software. Secondly, it was designed for the cms to seamlessly integrate. No more software to bridge the two.

As of yet, I have a lot of work to do on these forums. I have to move all the attachments over one by one. If anyone wants to help, PM me and I will show You how.

Once I get the forums all straightened out, I will move onto getting new exploration picture software.

Thanks for hopefully understanding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by lithiumbaby
Pat, I liked the site how it was. You DO change things way too often. If it ain't broke why fix it? We should get together so you can show me what your doing. I like the site and all but I see a lot of additives that don't really need to be here. Like what's up with all these smilies? Do we really need ones like these 3:-O ~o) =:) :o) (*) ^:)^ :-@ b-( :O3 :!! seriously bro, not trying to hate on you, I'm just trying to figure out what's running through you gourd when you come up with these things.:-?? LMAO

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by misterpat

lithiumbaby wrote: Pat, I liked the site how it was. You DO change things way too often. If it ain't broke why fix it? We should get together so you can show me what your doing. I like the site and all but I see a lot of additives that don't really need to be here. Like what's up with all these smilies? Do we really need ones like these 3:-O ~o) =:) :o) (*) ^:)^ :-@ b-( :O3 :!! seriously bro, not trying to hate on you, I'm just trying to figure out what's running through you gourd when you come up with these things.:-?? LMAO

Ok, feedback is good. Besides the gay smilies, which, btw, have always been here, just had to click view all smilies. I'm going to remove the really gay ones soon. But anyhow, what other "additives" don't need to be here?

Plus, I'm no bro. I'm a whiteboy. And don't hate on me, I will bust your cranium... :D

Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by lithiumbaby
I'm not sure if you know this by know, but busting my cranium isn't going to do you much good as it's full of rocks! :-D

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by misterpat

lithiumbaby wrote: I'm not sure if you know this by know, but busting my cranium isn't going to do you much good as it's full of rocks! :-D

Never know. The inside of your cranium could be like one of those geodes (sp?) And yeild something worth displaying on my mantle.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by lithiumbaby
Nah, nothing special.

BLAH BLAH BLAH