The Rave Cave

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by EsseXploreR
The Rave Cave was created by EsseXploreR
I'm going to rant for a while so anyone who doesn't want to read it just skip to the pictures:

Ok, so this trip was a very new experience for me. I recently relocated to college, and its fairly dry for UE in my new area. I had heard rumors of caves carving their way through the mountains behind the school, but I assumed them to just be overblown rumors. I had gone several different times into the dense forest, trying to find the caves, but all of my efforts were fruitless. Then out of nowhere, a bunch of kids from my dorm told me they knew where the caves were, and they were going out to explore them. I told them I would catch up when I had finished up what I was in the middle of doing. They departed, and I rushed through my primary objective, getting my gear together on the way out the door. To my disappointment, I had taken too long, and they had already reached and entered the cave. I kicked myself for not getting more info on the entrance, but I had a feeling they would be making a return trip. After hearing them regale their stories of amazement, I hastily organized another trip. Everybody was quick to join, and two days later we were heading up the hill, trying to beat the ominous rain clouds quickly sweeping towards us. After a brief trek up the face of the mountain, we arrived at the entrance. Quickly, we descended through the crack in the rock surface. We were quickly greeted by some graffiti, poorly scrawled into the walls of rock that surrounded us. Between that, and the copious amounts of broken glass scattered about the caverns and passageways, it was evident that this small cave has held it's fair share of parties.

Sadly, I'm not happy with most of the few pictures I took, but what the hell, it was my first cave. Its also hard when you have 7 people trying to pack into an already cramped area. I will be returning fairly often i assume, so look out for a longer, more in depth set. Thanks for reading guys!

1. One of the problems with trying to take long exposures with 7 people around you.

5. My friends all wanted a group shot, but its hard to sit still for 30 seconds, so this is the best I could get.

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by Vacant NJ
Replied by Vacant NJ on topic The Rave Cave
Cool stuff, that cave looks awesome! I'm diggin' that second photo.

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic The Rave Cave

Vacant_NJ wrote: Cool stuff, that cave looks awesome! I'm diggin' that second photo.

Thanks dude, 2 is probably my favorite too.

More
11 years 5 months ago #4 by manehawk
Replied by manehawk on topic The Rave Cave
Where do you go to school?

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic The Rave Cave
Up in VT dude.