Marie Osmonds Son...

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by riada
Marie Osmonds Son... was created by riada
Tragic news for TV and music star Marie Osmond: Entertainment Tonight is reporting that Osmond's 18-year-old son Michael Blosil committed suicide Friday evening in Los Angeles.

Blosil jumped to his death from his downtown apartment building around 9PM, according to new details obtained by ET Online. The Los Angeles Fire Department was quickly dispatched after receiving a phone call and found a body believed to be Blosil's upon arrival.

An autopsy on the body may be conducted as early as tomorrow, says ET.

Blosil left a suicide note behind. In it, he cited a life-long battle with depression as the reason for his suicide.

Blosil was one of Osmond's eight children.

"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time," Marie said.

In a telephone interview, Donny Osmond told ET, "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Marie and Donny are currently on stage in the Vegas production of 'Donny and Marie.' Tonight's show has been canceled, according to reports.

Osmond and her ex-husband, Brian Blosil, adopted Michael. Following their divorce after 20 years of marriage, Michael became depressed and in November 2007, entered rehab.

"Those kinds of things are really very hard for a teenager to deal with," Osmond told PEOPLE in March of 2009. "And if he ever wants to talk about it ... he will, but it has to be their choice. It's not my choice."

She went on to say that Michael was doing quite well, saying she "couldn't be more proud of him" and that "he's got a 3.9 GPA in high school. He's looking at scholarships to some wonderful colleges."

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.