Moose Dog

More
14 years 8 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by misterpat
Moose Dog was created by misterpat
On Friday, August 14th 2009 a great dog will take his last trip to the vet. My finance and I are very upset about this and it hurts to see him now, still alive, eat his moose boners. He was a great dog for the 8 years plus I had him. Never EVER raised an eye to anyone. Demonic, Lithium and Uno saw how bad he was. Its gotten worse lately. The quality of life for him is gone. What really hurts to do this is that he is still with it in the head. He can hear great and sees just fine. But after his stroke back in 2008, he slowly lost control of his hind quarters. For the past few months, I have had to carry him around with a special harness we bought for him to lift his back end. If it falls off, he cant hold it and lets it all go in the house. I cant have people over because my house smells like dog piss and crap. Not that its his fault.

The next few days I will not be around as my normal self.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by lithiumbaby
Replied by lithiumbaby on topic Moose Dog
Sorry to hear about you beloved pet. It always hurts to loose a pet. Sometimes it hurts worse than loosing a human friend.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by hidinginshadows
Replied by hidinginshadows on topic Moose Dog
This brought a tear to my eye. Your doing the right thing Pat, as hard as it is, it's the kindest thing you can do for him. Dogs are proud creatures, he doesn't want to be remembered this way. He would want you to remember him running free, playing and having fun. Soon enough he will be free and running once again. Your in for a rough couple of days my friend. If ya need to talk, let me know. I've been there myself. Godspeed Pat

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by kd_
Replied by kd_ on topic Moose Dog
I'm very sorry to hear about Moose, although I never met him, it's brought tears to my eyes hearing about him. As you know I had to put my dog down earlier this year, it's never an easy thing to do. Know that your doing the right thing for Moose. He'll soon be running around and playing like he used to, and you can look forward to meeting up with him again one day. Take care Pat. My thought are with you during this sad time.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #5 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Moose Dog
Thank You everyone for the well wishes. Tonight Moose Dog had a whole bag of treats, a meat filled rawhide bone, steak and mashed potatoes left over from dinner and a can of Alpo dog food. He really shits a lot with the Alpo, but he loves it. My ex girlfriend came over tonight to say good bye. I got Moose when we were together. She actually cried. I don't want to do this. I really don't. Why cant we fix his back legs?

I called everyone that may want to see him before he goes. Like I said before, My ex drove 45 minutes up here to see him, My parents are stopping by tomorrow before he goes. My neighbors are coming over when I get home from work. Thats how great of a dog he, for tonight, is. Tomorrow, was.

Here is a pic I just snapped of him. You can see the harness we got him to help him up. See his leg streatched out like that? He cant feel it or use it.

This just plain sucks balls.
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #6 by almostgone
Replied by almostgone on topic Moose Dog
Pat i am so very sorry. I had two see two of my dogs go also it is very hard and if you need anything just give me a call.

More
14 years 8 months ago #7 by riada
Replied by riada on topic Moose Dog
I was very sorry to hear about your beloved dog! I know how you must feel, I had to euthanize a much loved pet some years ago...its never easy, not by a long shot, but you know that you are doing whats best for him. Take solace in the knowledge that your dear friend will no longer feel any pain and that he will run and play in the vast meadows of Heaven...
With my deepest sympathy,
.+.+RIADA.+.+

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

More
14 years 8 months ago #8 by lithiumbaby
Replied by lithiumbaby on topic Moose Dog
Being an animal lover, every i read this poem i cant help but to cry.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 8 months ago #9 by momma
Replied by momma on topic Moose Dog
I'm so sorry about the Moose man. The kids were crying. We can't make it down there because our schedules r outta control, but u make sure u give that man a HUGE hug for us. He is a great dog, awesome personality and outstanding dog all around. The only dog I have ever met that could put Buck in his place, lol... LOVE U MOOSE MOOSE!!!!

More
14 years 8 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #10 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Moose Dog
Today at approximately 7pm, Moose felt no more pain. This was an incredibly hard thing to do. He knew it was comming. He did not want to walk in the vet. I had to almost carry him in. He was given the tranquilizer and then he slowly relaxed. I gave him his last moose boner and then he was too stoned to know apple from oranges. The vet came in and gave him the shot. I slowly watched his chest stop moving. There are very few things that make me cry, and this was one of them :(

Godspeed Moosie, I love You!

Attachments: