Gregg Fulkerson (Blue Tears / Attraction 65)

More
15 years 1 day ago #1 by demonicdreamz
R.I.P.

With a heavy heart and deep regret, I must announce that singer/songwriter/producer Gregg Fulkerson passed away in his sleep at his home in Nashville on Tuesday.
It is never easy to report of anyone's passing, but when it is one of our own, it hits hard. Even harder when I knew this person first hand and have had the honor and the privilege of being a friend for several years now.

Singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist Gregg Fulkerson was an uncompromising artist – someone that believed in the true art of writing songs that delivered a message straight to our hearts.

For most of us he came into our lives in 1990 with a flash – the debut Blue Tears album still rates as an all-time classic with many and his penchant for writing catchy songs layered in massive harmonies and anthemic choruses is precisely what this genre of music is all about.

Further Blue Tears albums were halted by record label troubles, but his influence over other artists continued with his songwriting and production duties (Michael Sweet, Contraband, Vixen).

Reappearing in 2003 with the more contemporary Attraction 65 release – a record I rate as criminally underexposed – Gregg appeared poised to reclaim his rightful place as one of this scene's most valued contributors. The album won critical and fan acclaim, but was unable to break into the wider audience which it deserved to.

Next it was time to return to Blue Tears and a long awaited second album finally appeared in 2006 with subsequent archival releases of unreleased material also being released after a partnership was struck with Aussie label Suncity Records.

Once again Gregg was a welcome part of the cult scene that is the melodic rock world.

Like many of us, Gregg lived with his share of life's challenges, but at the same time he just got on with things and was constantly writing new material and honing his life's craft.

Only a week or so back I was talking to him again about his latest work – new material in the vein of the Attraction 65 record. He seemed positive, he seemed happy and it just doesn't seem fair that his sudden death has taken the chance of sharing new music with him away from us all.

I have talked to Gregg at length on the phone over the years and he has shared his work in progress demos and new songs with me during that time. It was always a pleasure to hear from him and always a joy to hear new music. He was another one of the good guys in the business and his untimely death is simply unfair to all.

To report anything else today seems hollow. Pointless. There is only one thing on my mind as I sit here to report the day's news and that is Gregg Fulkerson. His music lives on within us all forever and we are truly blessed to have a man like this play an important part in melodic rock history.

Some more information on Gregg: star1077.fm/skin/blurb.php?secti ... Id=3834633
To his family, band mates and friends….our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.