Molly Ferret

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by lithiumbaby
Molly Ferret was created by lithiumbaby
I had to put one of my ferrets down last night. I August of this year I had taken her to the vet because her back leg seemed to be hurting her. The vet took a few X-rays and it turned out her whole hind quarters were riddled with cancer including her spine. I knew there was no point in treating the cancer because it was pretty much everywhere. The last four months she seemed to be doing pretty well and even improving! She was not able to do the ferret happy dance but she improvised by dancing on her back. It was amazing how she adapted to her weak body. Last night thing took a turn for the worst when I let them out in my room to play while I cleaned their cage. I set Molly down and her back legs started to twitch and give out. She didn't seem to be in pain but she was dragging her legs behind her like old man herbert's dog in family guy. Still I don't think she knew what was going on yet becuase she was trying to roam around and even ate some chocolate and bit me. I picked her up to examine her and she started to scream. That when her little body could not handle the cancer that was eating away at her bones. I called the emergency vet and we both agreed that it was her time go.
We brought her to the vet and they gassed her with isoflorine which is a pain reliever and anesthetic. Her body relaxed and we pet her and said out good bye's and the vet gave her the injection to stop her heart. She went in peace and comfort. My little Molly is no longer with us to bite. She always bit us when she was happy. She was a little bitch and I liked that about her. She had a lot of spunk and I will miss her.
I have been crying all last night and all day but I know she is at peace now and I did the right thing. :(

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by msterscary
Replied by msterscary on topic Molly Ferret
Sorry for your loss. At least you did the humane thing and she's not in pain anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.