Lime Kilns

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by Vacant NJ
Lime Kilns was created by Vacant NJ
The wet leaves muted my footsteps as I approached the industrial skeleton, the adjacent river slowly eroding away it's cement bones. The smokestack still standing tall, could only look over the ruined carcass below, it's fate too, in the hands of the slowly advancing river. The bare trees allowed for a full view of the hollow ruins, the fallen foliage instead covering the fragile gap ridden foundation. I watched as every now and then the brisk Autumn wind funneled in from strange angles, stirring the leaves around in a tornado like fashion.

Walking along a thin cement beam allowed for quick access to the back of the ruins. Graffiti covered walls stood randomly, slowly collapsing into the saturated ground. Where windows once were, open holes now remained, looking out over the river. It was interesting to imagine what the structure might have looked like before nature claimed it. It also amazed me the the smoke stack still managed to stand, a testament to its solid brick architecture. With grey clouds quick on the move, I made my exit just before the first raindrops hit the ground.

A.

B.

C.

D.

E.

F.

G.

H.

I.

J.

K.

L.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Lime Kilns
Thats a cool place. We were there last winter. Its right next another sweet spot also.

overbrookhospital.net/modules.ph ... temId=6853

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by rattlehead
Replied by rattlehead on topic Lime Kilns
Nice pics Justin good work, Pat let me know if and when your headed out again I am interested in comming along for the ride.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by misterpat

Rattlehead wrote: Nice pics Justin good work, Pat let me know if and when your headed out again I am interested in comming along for the ride.

Sure, will do. Not sure when the next trip is, but will let You know.

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by Vacant NJ
Replied by Vacant NJ on topic Lime Kilns

MisterPat wrote:
Sure, will do. Not sure when the next trip is, but will let You know.

Thanks, let me know too about and future trips, maybe I can tag along.

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by misterpat

Vacant_NJ wrote:

Thanks, let me know too about and future trips, maybe I can tag along.

Or lead us! I was trying to get a trip to kppc together, but haven't had the time to get into it with the guy over on lost in time. If Ya goto any sites we haven't, be sure to let one of us know!

• Anonymous
14 years 2 months ago #7 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Lime Kilns
whoa picture j is epic...

More
14 years 2 months ago #8 by insanebuslady
Replied by insanebuslady on topic Lime Kilns
Incredible how quickly things decay in the wild like that. Any idea of history or an approx. age?