The Toxic Explorers

More
15 years 1 month ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1 by demonicdreamz
As the weather warms and the great outdoors turning green with color,the toxic explorers went to ringwood for a ''nature hike''.After finding the main parking area for us,we ventured into the main office there we collected the trail maps and even had the lady take 1 down off the wall to xerox. Now mind you this is a huge park that connects to another park some 5 miles away.Planning out what trails to follow,we begin our journey,idle chit-chat between the 3 of us and following the markers.After what seemed to be a good 45 minute walk,peering out of the woods we came across what we think was the processing building.Wafting thru the air was the smell of death.Looking down into what seemed to be a holding tank of sorts, a dead deer was rotting away...that was sad to see in my eyes, but wasnt the only 1 i had counted at least 8 carcasses in total.Looking around ,1 could see the tarping on the ground and orange silt in whatever streams ran thru there.Finding the adit(fancy word for the entrance)and being cautious, we ventured maybe 75-100 ft. into this. Coming to an area we we did not feel safe ,we ended there and snapped off pics of the interior,only residents there were bats(caves/mines are around 68 degrees year round).Where we did end at seemed like a shaft going way into the ground.Looking up to the right daylight was seen and needed further investigation.Once outside we did spot a vertical shaft and did take pics. A rock was dropped into it and about 4-5 seconds later you heard the thud as it hit bottom( we figured this to be about 150-200 ft).This is NOT a good place to learn how to repel ! Pics are up and this is to be continued...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 13 years 4 months ago #2 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic The Toxic Explorers

demonicdreamz wrote: [size=150:nepbbzkt]1 could see the tarping on the ground and orange silt in whatever streams ran thru there.[/size]

Attachments:

More
More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by demonicdreamz
Replied by demonicdreamz on topic The Toxic Explorers
interesting readings on this subject.Still i dont see how those people can live sooo close to something that dangerous

More
15 years 1 month ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by almostgone
Replied by almostgone on topic The Toxic Explorers
Attachments:

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic The Toxic Explorers
AG, nice pic! But the dog next door needs to be dropped down that vertical shaft.

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by almostgone
Replied by almostgone on topic The Toxic Explorers
you drop the dog and me and demonicdreamz will count to see how long it takes to get to the bottom