Help with place to photograph with my father

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #1 by LnZee13
Hola!

My father is coming photographing with me this weekend and I want to take him to an interesting location where there is definitely no risk of him getting arrested! Would anyone mind helping me?

Here are some of the places I have taken him before:
Old Mine Road / Delaware Water Gap area including Wallpack
Long Pond Iron Works
Watchung Reservation deserted village
Waterloo
Lackawanna Cutoff sites including tunnels, viaducts
Camp Sussex
Rutherford Stuyvesant houses
City of Orange pumping station

Thanks guys!

flickr.com/photos/LDASilvio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #2 by EsseXploreR
Loos like you have seen alot of the easier places. May i suggest The Mass & Waldstein factory in Newark? its fairly quiet there, and i don't think anyone would care if you were there.

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #3 by LnZee13
Thanks Sean I'll do some research on it

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #4 by EsseXploreR
When Misterpat and I went, it was really quiet. There were signs of a squatter, but he wasn't there when we were. The floors are really dangerous, and there is a lot of fire damage. it's a cool place if your in the area, but it's not worth the trip if your coming from out of state or anything.

www.overbrookhospital.net/forum/New-Jers...-MW-Paints--Pigments

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #5 by LnZee13
Wow those pictures are great! now I'm quite sure that I pass this building everyday on the train to school. I really want to check it out! though I am always scared to explore in newark

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #6 by lithiumbaby
Long Pond Iron Works is always a nice place. I love it there. Must be real pretty around this time too.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #7 by LnZee13
I agree, Long Pond Iron Works is so much fun! I kayak in the Wanaque reservoir and i can even see some of the houses while kayaking. That is just a beautiful area.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #8 by Vacant NJ
I agree with visiting Long Pond Ironworks as well. You might also try the South Junior High School in Bloomfield NJ; it boasts an interesting auditorium and some neat graffiti.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #9 by LnZee13
Thanks! I actually went to South Junior High a few weeks ago but it was so dark that only one of my interior shots came out. I was really disappointed. I just got a new low-light lens so I think I will go back and try again

More
11 years 1 month ago #10 by misterpat

LnZee13 wrote: Thanks! I actually went to South Junior High a few weeks ago but it was so dark that only one of my interior shots came out. I was really disappointed. I just got a new low-light lens so I think I will go back and try again

I know this is an old thread, but thats what I get for disappearing for awhile. l-)

Tripod that camera!

More
11 years 1 month ago #11 by LnZee13
I forgot about this! And i never even ended up going back to south middle school! Here is the only interior photo I was able to get, I am really disappointed with it

I hardly ever use my tripod, I really should bring it every time I go somewhere to shoot. Though I am always thinking that if I need to run away... it's easier to run with only a camera hehehe

Attachments:

More
11 years 1 month ago #12 by EsseXploreR
Get a cheap one you wouldn't mind chucking. I think that's what Misterpat told me back in '09 when we first met. It really is a solid investment.