A Day At The Snowy Mill

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by misterpat
It was a beautiful day and I managed to round up 2 other explorers. We decided to head up to The Mill and see what was going on over there. We made our way there and found our entrance. Immediately upon entering, the 2 other explorers decided to do a photo shoot on an old Cadillac in a loading dock.

I decided to let them play games and headed into The Mill. My main objective was locating the stairs to get up to the tower. I found one set of stairs that only went up to a elevator room that also afforded me a look outside to check my surroundings. I noticed vehicles and people occupying an adjacent warehouse. Upon seeing this I decided that tower roof top pics are out of the question as not to risk being spotted. I went back down the stairs and made my way to this area and noticed another set of stairs. Upon crossing a sketchy floor, I made my way up.

Once upstairs, I realized that I needed to go up 2 more flights of stairs between two buildings. These stairs are very decayed and I feared each step. Upon making it up those, I was presented with another challenge. The remaining few flights of stairs were badly damaged during a previous arson attempt. I finally made my way up and across this to my reward. I was finally in the tower.

Now up those metal stairs to the top most floor.

Here is the only shot I managed to get without going out onto the roof.

The Ginger Bread House and active warehouse behind it..

Warehouse section of the mill.

Now, I find another set of sturdy concrete steps leading all the way back down into the mill. Upon reaching the bottom, I was greeted with some nice industrial ruins.

I turned around and made my way into the warehouse section. Down this hall and up a flight of stairs I go.

Upon arriving at the warehouse section I noticed some large power panels.

Turning to my left and walking along an ice covered floor I make my way into the middle of the warehouse. I noticed an open garage door to the left, and still hearing voices outside, I made sure I was out of sight the whole time.

After this I went back down the stairs as there was another section below this floor. It was not as large as there is a aqueduct running though the middle of the mill. At one point in time they must have used water power to run machines or conveyors.

As time was running out and daylight was dwindling, I made my way to the exit and stopped for one last pic of a dam created to enable the water to run into the aqueduct.

And there ya have it. BTW, this story is not true. We explored the place as a team, like we always do.

Full album HERE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic A Day At The Snowy Mill
nice story! i see the other hamburg attraction sticking out of the trees in #7?

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.